In order to succeed in the business world, creating a strong brand identity is not enough-you also have to leverage the power of your brand in order to stand out from your competition and gain the trust and business of your customers. Over time, your personal brand should grow and evolve with the changing times to ensure that you remain relevant to your target audience. Your personal brand will evolve intentionally or unintentionally. If you cultivate and care for it, your brand will grow. If you don’t adapt to changing trends and technologies, you will be known as someone who was relevant at one point in time.
A strong personal brand is more than just your company’s name or logo—it is the public’s perception of YOU as demonstrated by your company, your product, and your mission. A brand may include things like logos and mission statements, but it also includes intangible elements such as emotions and experiences associated with you personally. In other words, a strong brand means something to the customer, and that is what sets it apart from the competition.
In order to leverage your personal brand to drive company growth, you need to be present. Take advantage of modern advertising techniques to promote your evolving brand in new and exciting ways, creating a new experience for your target audience.
Here are a few ways that you can leverage your personal brand to drive company growth:
- Develop a personal website that talks about your successes and skills.
- Create profiles on business focused social media sites, the most popular being LinkedIn, fill out your profile, and actively reach out to people you know.
- Bonus points for using as many platforms as possible: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram are also good places to have a presence.
- Be active in the community. Join a couple of Meet-Up groups or get involved in the local university.
- Always present yourself in an authentic way. If you are a financial consultant, dress the part, if you are a snowboarder, present yourself that way.
- Be open to new ideas and opportunities.
Make sure your customer experience sets you apart from the competition and keeps your customers coming back. One way to do this is position yourself as a subject matter expert and a resource. To ensure that your brand survives the changing times, you need to evolve and transform alongside market changes. As the wants and needs of your customers change over time, your brand identity must also change in order to remain relevant and competitive in the market.
As a digital video producer, Intelivideo allows you to easily create a fully customizable branded website and storefront where you can set your own pricing structure and track customers and data. We believe that from beginning to end it is your right to own your customer’s experience with your product.